CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite submissions for papers on any aspect of media innovation, including the following topics:
- Management of media innovation
- Alternative economic approaches to media innovation
- Innovation policies vs. media policies
- Innovation in media policies
- Media innovation systems
- Political economy of media innovation
- The role of start-ups in innovating media systems
- The role of social innovation in media systems
- User-driven innovations in media
- University and industry cooperation in facilitating media innovation
- Media co-innovating with other industries (education, health care, tourism, etc.)
- The role of platforms in media innovation
- Fake News as a disruption to media industries
- Data driven innovations in media
- Mobile and location based media innovations
- Sharing economy and media innovation
- The role of cross- and transmedia in innovating media
- Virtual and augmented reality as drivers of innovations in media
- Innovations in alternative media
- Innovation in distribution and delivery (reaching the audience in new ways)
- Innovation in advertising formats and strategies.
- Failed innovations: New products that did not succeed.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed. Extended abstracts of proposed papers, 750 word
maximum, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: 750-word extended abstracts due 15 May 2017.
Best paper award will be announced during the conference. Selected papers from the symposium will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Media Innovations.