Cross Motion (project website) is an EU-funded project (2016-2019) whose objective is to facilitate cooperation of screen industries (audiovisual and video-games industries) with other sectors such as education, tourism or healthcare. Such co-operation is expected to result in “cross-innovation” practices that combine the skills and knowledge of creative industries with those of other sectors. The aim is to provide jobs and find new revenues for screen industries and to benefit other sectors with innovative solutions.
Cross Motion is one of the Interreg’s Flagship Projects in the EUSBSR Policy Area Culture. The budget of the project is €3,000,000.
The activities and aims of the project are:
- Inter-sector events (conferences and hackathlons) aimed at mapping the current practices and distributing awareness about cross-innovation opportunities
- Development of prototypes serving as benchmarking path-breakers for further co-operation
- Creating regional networks for inter-sector co-operation by connecting media clusters, incubators and accelerators as well as producers, game developers and innovation managers amongst others
- Promotion of R&D on cross-innovation in service of SMEs and policy making
- Conducting research and provide evidence for designing cross-innovation activities, studying the actual processes of these activities and providing policy suggestions on how to further facilitate intersector co-operation in ways beneficial for screen and health industries, tourism and education.
Project manager: Alessandro Nani.
See the project website for more information.